Once again, it’s that time of year, and Samsung has officially revealed that its upcoming Galaxy Unpacked event will take place on Wednesday, August 10th at 9AM ET – or just over three weeks from now. Fans of folding phones won’t have to wait long for Samsung’s much-anticipated flagships. If you’re willing to reserve Samsung’s euphemistically ambiguous “next Galaxy devices,” you can receive a credit against your final purchase, with the amount variable depending on how much you want to buy.
The event’s date was recently confirmed by Samsung via a puzzle-based teaser, albeit the actual date was leaked earlier. Though the actual announcements may differ, we expect seeing the Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip4, Galaxy Watch5, and Galaxy Watch5 Pro based on past leaks and general expectations based on the schedule of the event. The subject is very obvious from the teaser image, which depicts what appears to be a Z Fold model from the side. The statement from today also clearly refers to “bud,” thus the Galaxy Buds 2.0 Pro may even arrive at the event.
Depending on how much merchandise you expect to purchase, Samsung has a number of options ranging from a $30 credit to a $200 credit available for individuals who are certain they will be purchasing one or more products from the upcoming event. The following promotions are available if you sign up to book a unit between July 19 and August 10th:
- $200 credit towards Galaxy phone, watch and buds bundle
- $150 credit towards Galaxy phone and watch bundle
- $130 credit towards Galaxy phone and buds bundle
- $80 credit towards Galaxy watch and buds bundle
- $100 credit to use on Samsung.com towards eligible products when you reserve a Galaxy phone, which is double the credit of the Galaxy S22!
- $50 credit to use on Samsung.com towards eligible products when you reserve a Galaxy watch
- $30 credit to use on Samsung.com towards eligible products when you reserve Galaxy buds
Also, Samsung claims that there is no requirement to make a purchase. It’s certainly worthwhile to register for credit if you’re even kind of considering purchasing a phone, watch, or headphones at the event. However, keep in mind that since this is a credit rather than a discount, it will only be helpful if you’re also purchasing other items.
Samsung will also accept trade-ins for its forthcoming products, though specifics are not yet known. Although the numbers have changed a bit in previous years, Samsung’s trade-in offers have occasionally been quite outstanding, particularly during the pre-order period and when combined with these pre-registration incentives.